App Smackdown - Group Me
Like I said in my presentation GroupMe is a group messaging app. It allows you to make huge groups of people that are organized and convenient. For example, instead of attaching everyone to an email you instead make a chat on GroupMe and add everyone to it. You can do that by either using their phone number, email QR code, or link. This chat will know allow you to send information out fast and send reminders. This is useful for trying to manage a large group, obviously humans forget sometimes, so you can send a reminder to the chat. Also if you need to share a file or image GroupMe allows you to do that quite easily by attaching it to the app and sending it as a message. Another useful feature of GroupMe is making decisions between groups. An example of this is the Owner or Admin of the group chat can set a poll. This poll sets a question and multiple options the members can choose.
I could use GroupMe in both my coursework and my professional career by connecting with others. As we have learned connected learning communities are an insanely valuable asset in many cases. At Stockton, I can create a group chat between my classmates, allowing me to connect with them. This is useful because if anyone has a question about homework or just doesn't understand the lesson being taught, others in the class can help. It also allows us to bounce ideas off of each other and get better quality work. In the case of my future career, I can use GroupMe as a police officer to manage people as a supervisor. Instead of making a long email and adding everyone to it. It would be much easier and way more efficient to have a chat owned by a sergeant or a lieutenant to send out important information. Overall GroupMe is just a simpler more efficient email that allows you to do so much more.
I have used group me before for work and have great sucesses with it.
ReplyDeleteI have a group me for frat communication and also to set up birthday parties because it allows easy communication.
ReplyDeleteI love group me. Ive used it for volunteer work and for classes.
ReplyDeleteI really liked how you used Group Me as your app. I have used this app before and this app is very helpful especially in school when a professor is trying to reach you. Loved the way you explained and put it all together. Love this app.
ReplyDeleteGroupMe sounds like a really efficient way to communicate with large groups. The ability to share files and create polls makes it a super useful tool for both school and work.
ReplyDeleteGroupme is a great app to use if you are on a sports team. This app allows you to communicate with players, set locations for games, or see who is available for a practice or game. I used this app when I played soccer and it was helpful
ReplyDeleteGroupMe sounds like a great tool for both coursework and your future career! It’s so useful for organizing groups, sharing files, and even making decisions with polls. I love how it can help with communication and collaboration in both school and professional settings, like managing a team in law enforcement.
ReplyDeleteI like how you showed an old chat because it showed how everything looks. I also like how you explained the owner role and admin role.
ReplyDeleteStreamlining large groups makes this app far more noticeable than its competitors.
ReplyDeleteThis app is great for communication between large groups, I like the additions to share files and docs between members.
ReplyDeleteI’ve never heard of this app before, but I agree that it would be really useful for group projects in class, just like you mentioned. It seems like a great tool for collaboration
ReplyDeleteI've used GroupMe before for work, I really enjoyed using it and liked the features that it offered. Using it to organize events for coworkers was super easy to do especially when everyone responded.
ReplyDeleteI like how you can communicate with your peers through a professional groupchat. I can see how having large groups of people would benefit from a single groupchat to make sure everyone is on the same page.
ReplyDeleteI have used Groupme a lot because of the different sports teams I have been on. It is great for when you need to communicate with large groups of people.
ReplyDeleteI have used Groupme it is a great app if you want to connect with other people in the same club or group as you!
ReplyDeleteAs someone who has used Groupme it is a great way to send information to mass group of people. I currently use it because the dorm RA uses it for school/dorm events that we should know about
ReplyDeletegreat tool to communicate with bigger groups and i use it now to stay connected with proffesors
ReplyDeleteI also use GroupMe, mainly for school related things, but also sometimes for silly groupchats too. It has so many different options like polls and gifs, it's so fun.
ReplyDeleteGroup Me seems like a great app to use when you need to communicate with a large number of people. It has reminders that can be sent to people in your group so they don’t forget.
ReplyDelete